Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Edible Ice Cream Bowls

 Edible white chocolate ice cream bowl

The kids and I made edible ice cream bowls yesterday for dessert.  We used white chocolate wafers.  It was super simple.  I melted the wafers in the microwave for a few minutes.  Then I transfered the chocolate liquid to a cooler bowl.  I took small balloons (already inflated and tied) and dipped them in the liquid. 

 
 Dipped balloons

You want to cover the bottoms to create a bowl.  Place the balloons on wax paper to set and chill in the freezer for five minutes.  Remove from the freezer, pop the balloons and peel the balloon remnants from the chocolate bowl.  Load your bowl with ice cream and enjoy!

 
 I love that they were all a bit different.

E enjoying hers.

 Almost gone!

5 comments:

Denise C said...

Looks yummy and it's so easy to do. The kids would love this.

KathleenKL said...

What a novel idea-my kids would LOVE this--thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

That is such a great idea. Looks fun to do with the kids too.

Michelle F.

An Ordinary Housewife said...

Oh that's almost better than waffle bowls! It's seems kind of messy though.

Natalie said...

I've always wanted to try this, have yet to do it, I see the kids making a huge mess with it, lol.