Thursday, February 5, 2015

A's 11th Birthday Roller Skating Bash

Birthday Girl, A is 11!

We hit another milestone last month.  Not only was it the month of the 1's, F turned 1 and A turned 11, but we had our first birthday party not at our house!  A really wanted to roller skate so that is what we did. 

 A's Roller Skate Cake

Another view, I love the marshmallow toe stop

And a view from the top

David made a really fun cake.  He made a roller rink that was 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 vanilla cake.  Then he made a roller skate cake and stuck it on top.  I thought he did a really great job.

Impressively A had an amazing turn out.  I will say that having a birthday party away from home is different.  I definitely missed not being able to lie F down when he fell asleep but I didn't miss the cleaning a bit.  It was fun to see some of us adults having a little blast from the past as we strutted and slid across the floor. 

 Birthday Games - here is the limbo

 
 Blowing out the candles

My sweet, sweet niece ended up falling and breaking her wrist a few minutes into the party.  Thankfully she does not need surgery and seems to be healing quickly.  Please pray for her - she has an amazing attitude.  We had a really nice visit with my brother's entire family at our house after the party.  Dusti, I loved chatting about chai seeds, bulk sections, and healthy eating with you - so fun!

2 comments:

Debi Gerhart said...

That cake is adorable. My kids have always loved roller skating.

Unknown said...

OMG look at that cool cake. It looks like you all had a blast!