Friday, July 17, 2015

You'll Get Through This by Max Lucado Book Review

Disclosure: I am proud to be a Family Christian Blogger, Affiliate, and Max Lucado blogger.  I was provided with my own copy of you'll get through this to facilitate my review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

http://familychristian.com/you-ll-get-through-this-hope-and-help-for-your-turbulent-times.html
My latest Max Lucado Book

I just finished reading you'll get through this: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times by Max Lucado.  Sometimes people mistakenly think that becoming a Christian means that you will have no problems.  Christianity does not equate to a pain free or trial free life.  Lucado addresses this very idea in you'll get through this.  He takes us on a journey through the story of Joseph while giving present day trial experiences.  Joseph was betrayed by his own brothers, sold into slavery, put into prison, and then remarkably placed as the second in command over all of Egypt.  Joseph's journey wasn't painless and it wasn't easy but he trusted in God and God was there.

Miss D

One of my own personal trials was when I miscarried back in December 2008.  That was a very difficult time and I really didn't understand why?  One year later, December 2009, D was born.  I miss the baby we lost, the one I haven't yet met.  I also enjoy Miss D more than I can express.  This girl has spunk, energy, and a personality for the world.  My life is better with her and she has helped bring healing to my heart.  So while I don't understand, I choose to trust in the Lord.  Have you experienced something like this or are you in the midst or a trial now?

When you are experiencing a trial or facing a difficulty remember these words from Max, "You'll get through this.  It won't be painless.  It won't be quick.  But God will use this mess for good.  In the meantime don't be foolish or naive.  But don't despair either.  With God's help you will get through this."  Amen!

Read more about you'll get through this by Max Lucado and remember you can purchase it from Family Christian.

No comments: