Thursday, August 13, 2015

Find Encouragement in Be The Best Mom You Can Be

My Wonderful Kids

Mother's Day is over but there is something that remains.  There is a bond and an underlying drumbeat that we as mothers are all trying to march to - we all want to be the best Mom that we can be!  At least I know I do.  Now we do not need to hop aboard the sinking ship of comparisons.  I think mothers are already too hard on themselves as it is and we don't need to look at the best qualities of everyone in the world and expect ourselves to have them all, no friends - this is about embracing our own strengths and differences and rising to the occasion. 

I have spent a lot of time with my kids in this rocking chair!

I have enjoyed reading Marina and Gregory Slayton's book, Be The Best Mom You Can Be: A Practical Guide to Raising Whole Children in a Broken Generation.  I love that this book is solid and encouraging.  I don't know about you but I don't think I need a book telling me what I am not doing - I want a book that is encouraging with helpful direction and advice.  Be The Best Mom You Can Be does just that.

You can read more about Be The Best Mom You Can Be and/or purchase it from Family Christian.

Disclosure: I am proud to be a Family Christian Blogger and Affiliate.  I was provided with my own copy of Be The Best Mom You Can Be to facilitate my review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: