Friday, November 6, 2015

Allergy Woes

C playing Fall ball, he was on the Storm

The last few years have been hard for our children as far as allergies go, mostly C (and recently E).  We have been taking C to the allergist for a few years now.  And after trying several medications he will begin desensitization shots in the next few weeks.  He has a lot of environmental allergens like mold and cedar.  I really hope these shots work!  I hate the thought of him getting shots but I don't like the alternative either - having trouble breathing, constant nose sniffling, throat irritations, etc.  Anyone else have to go through desensitization shots for you or someone you know?  I would love to hear about your experience.

 Princess E at the Fall Fest October 2015

We discovered a few weeks ago that E is allergic to fire ants.  She had a scary episode when I was in New York.  She was bit by ~ 10 fire ants.  Her foot swelled up, she had hives on her tummy, blotches started forming all over her face and her voice became raspy - really scary I know.  I thought it was a quantity thing but her pediatrician told us that she definitely has an allergic reaction to fire ant bites.  I now carry Benadryl and an Epi-Pen wherever she goes.  Hopefully, we will never need to use it.  I have an even greater appreciation for those who have allergies, especially multiple ones that include food.

No comments: